One of Sean’s friends gave him a recipe for these really simple Oreo Truffles years ago and now everyone asks for them whenever we go to pitch-ins or parties. For one of our Thanksgiving get-togethers this year, we decided to make the truffles look a little more festive. If you need a last-minute recipe for a Thanksgiving-themed desert, we’ve got the perfect one for you right after the photos!
This makes about 30 truffles, which will serve at least 15 people. (They are so rich, very few people will eat more than one or two.)
1 Package of Oreos
1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese
1 12oz Bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Yellow and Red Icing
- Crush the Oreos in a large bowl and knead the cream cheese into the Oreos until it is all a consistent mixture.
- Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on a cookie sheet. Chill these in fridge for 1hr.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and dip Oreo balls into melted chocolate to coat them.
- Pour some of the melted chocolate into an icing bag and pipe the tail feather design onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. (Another option, which we thought of later, would be to use chocolate covered pretzels instead. – If you try this, let us know how it turns out.)
- Place the chocolate-covered Oreo truffles onto the base of the tail feather designs.
- Use the yellow and red icing to make a beak and wattle on the top of the truffle.
- Place back in the fridge to chill.
- To serve, set the turkeys upright on a tray. (Some may need the bases shaved down a bit to stand upright.)